Hello, my name is, Ryan Paige Howard. I'm in love with, The One True King. Currently I'm a RDA (Registered Dental Assistant) living in the CA mountains with my wonderful family.
Follower of Yeshua | Writer | Artist | Adventure Dreamer
25 facts about me...
1. I was born in Rota Spain. Yes, I have American citizenship, but I also have Spanish. I’m a dueler ;-)
2. I was tongue tied to the age of three. Basically my tongue was tethered to the floor of my mouth and I couldn’t lift it up.I had years of speech therapy. I still say certain blends a little funny at times.
3. I was a Marine Brat for the first eleven years of my life. My daddy was a marine.
4. I use to despise reading. Never had trouble reading, just was bored by it. It wasn’t until I was twelve years old when I started to get crazy into books.
5. I have over two-hundred model horses. Mostly Breyers. I could of actually bought a real horse. :D You don’t have to feed these though. YES I am horse crazy.
6. The first time I really felt God was when I was six. I went with a school friend to a vacation Bible school. I remember looking around a beautiful stained glass church, singing When the Saints Come Marching In, and I just had an overwhelming sense He had to be real.
7. When Lord of the Rings came out, I fell in love with archery. My parents surprised me and bought my first bow Christmas of 2004. That was also the year I had the worst dye job EVER. No, I was not trying to look like Legolas!
8. In elementary I was crazy about bugs. I constantly brought my mom home fun little creepers. I especially loved dragonflies and grasshoppers. I was kinda fearless over them and wanted to be an entomologist. (One who studies Bugs)
9.When I was born I had to wear a brace for the first few months of my life because I had congenital hip dysplasia. (squared hip joints)
10. I have been to twelve states in the U.S. (Everywhere in California, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, up and down Texas, Kentucky, Illinois, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York.
11. I have never broken a bone, but I have had stitches five times and knocked out two teeth.
12. The first time I read The Chronicles of Narnia, was when I was fifteen. My family never knew about them, so I never had them when I was younger. A neighbor friend gave it to me and told me I would love it... she was right.
13. I started my book, The Realm of Hearts, in 2002, but didn’t really write it until 2007. Before I really just drew a bunch of pictures about it. Three drawing pads full to be exact.
15. The first cd I personally bought was Josh Groban... I have told you I’m not normal... right? ;-)
16. Growing up I was aloud to watch Rugrats, but was not aloud to watch Sesame Street. I never knew who Elmo was, until my baby cousin became addicted to him. Haha, yeah that’s sad.
17. I am not a fan of Twilight and Harry Potter. I actually never have read them, nor will I ever. I’m not really into secular books. I did enjoy The Hunger Games though.
18. I’ve never had a hamster, bird, or a gerbil, but I did have pet rats. NOT the wild kinds mind you. They are pretty awesome pets! Smart and very clean, just don’t live very long.
19. I use to be terrified of dinosaurs after seeing Jurassic Park when I was eight. (I know I’m not the only kid who saw it at that age) I still have nightmares about it.
20. My favorite candy and always has been is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The best ones are the ones that come out during Easter and Christmas. I stock up on the egg and tree shape ones. They have about an inch of awesome peanut butter in them. YUM
21. I went to public school up to the fourth grade, from there on out I was home-schooled. No I was not a bad kid, nor dumb. My mom just felt like it was the right thing to do, due to how crazy the world was getting... Columbine shooting, was a real shocker!
22. In the fall of 2008 I met three of my favorite authors. Wayne Thomas Batson, Bryan Davis, and Christopher Hopper. I consider it one of my greatest highlights.
23. In 2010, I did a five-hour spelunking adventure with my crazy sister. It was kinda "Hell on Earth" for me, but I don’t regret doing it. Just won’t do it again.
24. I dream of adventure, just not like the one above. ;-)
25. I genuinely love people. I ache to better change others lives and show them God's glorious love. That's why I enjoy writing. To God be all the glory.