Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Having it all = Heartache? My thankful post.

This year a famous singer named Amy Winehouse, died. This 27 year old lady died from a drug overdose. Now I was not a fan of Amy Winehouse, but I did know who she was. Her sad song "Rehab" played like crazy on the radio and even TV. This lady had a known problem with heavy alcohol and drugs. Okay, so where am I going in all of this? Will this lady had fame, talent, money, and a whole lot of life in front of her, yet she was abounding in misery. How can you seem to have it all yet, be so... unhappy? The truth is she didn't really have anything at all. She had everything this world could offer, but she didn't have, nor want what truly mattered. Loved ones, loving friends, and most of all a savior. I don't know if any of you that are reading this post doesn't know who the loving savior is? I must tell you He and He alone is the only one that will ever make you feel whole and be happy. Fame and money might make you pretty happy for a time, but in the end you will want more. Think... do most of the famous people you see seem happy to you? They are human just like you and I... with the same feelings and in need of the same thing.
Times are hard right now. With a bad economy and a world sort of falling apart, yet there is still so much to be thankful for!  Look around you and think hard about it. BIG things and little things. Mine is my savior who has made me whole and opened my heart to what truly matters. My beautiful family, loving friends, and the air I breath.

What is it that greatly matters in your life? 
What truly makes you happy? 
What are you thankful for?


Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. ~Jeremiah 29:13
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.~ Matthew 7:8

~*~Happy Thanksgiving~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment