Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Love Revolution: Saying I love you...

Last week I started what I'm calling a Love Revolution. Every Monday I'll be posting a Love/Dare, a challenge to show some honest love. Take a look at last weeks challenge here, Love? What is it?

A few years ago my mom and I had to take our dog Wyatt (who was a puppy at the time), to an emergency vet visit. Poor Wyatt's eyes and face quickly swelled up that morning and gave us quite a scare. The vet was not able to see us until mid-afternoon. We could tell that little Wyatt was in great pain, but there was nothing we could do, but give him some comfort, with gentle words and soft petting.

Sadly, my family and I struggled with Wyatt for the first year we had him. It was what I felt a "love and hate" relationship with him... more of a hate with me. He's full blown Australian Shepherd  ... Google that, and you'll see what we dealt with. Too much energy, scary smarts, with a mix of... crazy. Marley and Me, looked mild compared to him.

During this scary incident though, I realized how much I actually loved him. How much I truly cared for him. How much sorrow filled my heart, at the thought of something really bad happening to him.

I hear too many people say how they rarely hear or say the words "I Love You" to the ones they care about. Don't let an opportunity of saying, I Love You, ever pass you by. There is no such thing of ever saying it too much, but there is such a thing of saying it too little or sadly not getting another chance to.

I love my church, where total strangers and friends hug you (I'm not a huge fan of it, but I'm getting better ;-)) and freely say I love you. There is something powerful in these three words.

Love/Dare Challenge Two…
Tell someone that you haven’t told in a while that you love them. Let them know how much they mean to you. If you can’t in person, give them a call. Don’t wait… tomorrow is never promised.

I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another. By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves]. - John 13:34-35

I need your help (YES that means YOU) because love can’t stay silent…

Lately there has been a lot of talk about “Love”. What is Love? Everywhere we turn there is something about “Love Wins” but is it really love or something else?

I’ve been aching to do this for some time, but I can’t do this alone. Dare to Love?

Join me in the Love Revolution every week and feel free to share your stories and ideas in the comment section below or email me at ryanheart89@comcast.net
Let's not just talk about love, let's practice real love.
For some, the only love they will ever see, will be from you. You will be their glimpse of God. What an awesome privilege and responsibility. As Christians we are His hands and feet, and sometimes His smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment