Sunday, July 26, 2015

Love Revolution: Love in Action...

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God’s] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay (requite), says the Lord.
But if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap
burning coals upon his head.
Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.
~ Romans 12:19-21

Have you seen the movie, The Count of Monte Cristo? It's one that most people really enjoy. I've seen it a few times and considered it a pretty good movie, even recommended it, yet one thing has always been sort of a downer for me, something that I rooted for in the movie, but shouldn't have. In case you haven't seen the movie here is a short synopsis on it...

The Count of Monte Cristo' is a remake of the Alexander Dumas tale by the same name. Dantes, a sailor who is falsely accused of treason by his best friend Fernand, who wants Dantes' girlfriend Mercedes for himself. Dantes is imprisoned on the island prison of Chateau d'If for 13 years, where he plots revenge against those who betrayed him. With the help of another prisoner, he escapes the island and proceeds to transform himself into the wealthy Count of Monte Cristo as part of his plan to exact revenge.

The entire movie is about betrayal and exacting revenge. During the time that Dantes is in prison there are five words carved on his prison cell walls, "God Will Give Me Justice " He carves them in deeper during the 13 years he stayed in this horrible prison, as if he were etching them into his brain, yet sadly he didn't understand them.

Dantes seems to get everything he could ever want when he becomes the Count of Monte Cristo, yet he is not pleased until he kills his friend that betrayed him.

We all have been betrayed by someone in our life that we trusted and loved. I was homeschooled during my high-school years, yet I went through some painful high-school drama from a girl that said some mean lies about my family and I. Too many people believed her lies and it greatly hurt. I wanted revenge against this pain. She had taken friends away from me and made me and my family into something we were not. This was a trying time, yet as crazy as this might sound, I am glad for it all. I learned to overcome evil, with love. This girl was a sad and miserable person... I didn't want to become like her. So I treated her with kindness and love.

When we exact revenge we become like the ones who gave it... nothing good comes out it... only more sorrow.

Joyce Meyer says it in a nice way, "But you don't know what was done to me," people say when trying to excuse their bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness. Based on what the Bible says, it really does not matter how great the offense was. We serve a God Who is greater, and if we will handle the offense in the right way, He will bring us justice and recompense when we allow Him to do so.

In Isaiah 61: 7 the Lord promises us, "Instead of your {former} shame you shall have a twofold recompense." A recompense is a reward. It is a payback for past hurts. It is like worker's compensation. The Lord once told me, "Joyce, you work for Me, and as long as you do, if you get hurt on the job, I will pay you back."

Jesus taught us that we are to forgive those who hurt us, pray for those who spitefully use us, and
bless those who curse us. That is hard. But there is something harder: being full of hatred, bitterness,
and resentment.

God will give you justice. It might not be what you expect, but in the end it will be better than you could of imagined. That is if you trust Him to...

Love/Dare Challenge Four:
We all have someone in our life that is unkind and treats us poorly. This week try to show some love towards them. Instead of being irritated when they treat you poorly, repay it with kindness. Continue to smile, love them like Jesus would. You might just be surprised in the end... a foe could possible turn into a friend. Please know I'm not saying to do this to someone that is a danger to you; such as an abuser, in that case, pray for them, because it will be good and healing for you.


I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another. By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves]. - John 13:34-35

I need your help (YES that means YOU) because love can’t stay silent…

Lately there has been a lot of talk about “Love”. What is Love? Everywhere we turn there is something about “Love Wins” but is it really love or something else?

I’ve been aching to do this for some time, but I can’t do this alone. Dare to Love?

Join me in the Love Revolution every week and feel free to share your stories and ideas in the comment section below or email me at ryanheart89@comcast.net
Let's not just talk about love, let's practice real love.
For some, the only love they will ever see, will be from you. You will be their glimpse of God. What an awesome privilege and responsibility. As Christians we are His hands and feet, and sometimes His smile!


2 comments: