Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 186: Daily Strength For Daily Needs...


May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience, with joy giving thanks to the Father. ~Colossians 1:11-12

My favorite devotional books are the older ones, like Mrs. Cowman’s Streams in the Desert and Springs in the Valley. Dr. A. B. Simpson has a volume with 365 installments entitled Day of Heaven and Earth. My favorite devotionalist is Mary W. Tilestion, who put together the classic Daily Strength for Daily Needs. Just the title of the latter volume encourages me. That’s what we need— daily strength for daily needs. Our energy gives out, and we often discover that our physical strength is interwoven with our emotional and spiritual enthusiasm. The distresses, disappointments, and conflicts of life sap us both inwardly and outwardly. Here’s what the Lord has to say about daily strength for daily needs.
May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might,... strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man... May... your strength last as long as you live.
Be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength...
Take hold of My strength...
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song...
The Lord gives His people strength; the Lord blesses His people with peace...
Youths my faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength.
This is from My All in All by Robert J. Morgan. (Really good book)

No comments:

Post a Comment