Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 129: Choose Happiness


 
All those who take refuge in Him are happy.~ Psalm 2:12

It's important to be happy...
We can't live on an emotional high all the time, of course, nor should we. Not even our Lord did that, for on one occasion He wept, on another He said His soul was troubled, and on another He cried, "My God, My God, why...?
Still, the "default setting" for the Christian's attitude should be one of deeply contented joy, and it's very unbiblical to go around all the time with an unhappy attitude. Our happiness is as deep as His care and as perpetual as His peace. It comes from taking refuge in Him.
No matter what may happen to me day by day, I'm safe in His hands, and He is working all for good. Based on that, I choose happiness. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!
 


A person is about as happy as they make up their mind to be.
~ Abraham Lincoln 

A man is as unhappy as he has convinced himself he is. 
~ Seneca 
(Thanks for posting this on fb mom.)


No comments:

Post a Comment