Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 228: Incomparable Gain...

But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [one combined] loss for Christ’s sake. Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One), 
~Philippians 3: 7-8

The incomparable gain of knowing Jesus Christ is everything. Pursue HIM, rejoice, and be joy-filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment