Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 222: The Beauty of Praise


 I'm sorry I haven't been writing original post lately. My computer keeps freezing on me, which makes it really hard to do. I saw this on facebook and loved it. :-) I hope you are blessed by it... (copy and paste works nicely)
 
Don't miss the life changing truth that we can enthrone God in every situation of our lives by praising Him. Praise converts our everyday surroundings into His dwelling place. It is from that throne of praise that God dispenses victory. Praise tunes us into His sovereignty and allows us to experience the reality and power of His presence.

Praise strengthens our prayer life. Prayer is not only a remarkable privilege that we often fail to recognize or understand, it is also part of our worship to God. There is the asking side of prayer when we seek forgiveness, lay needs before God and intercede on behalf of others. Then there is the appreciating side of prayer when we offer praise and thanksgiving to God for who He is and what He has done. Our relationship with God is strengthened through prayer and praise. Now here is my favorite truth about praise. Are you ready? Praise devastates Satan and his forces. Yes! I love it!
In fact, Psalm 20:5 promises, "We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God!"

Satan is well aware of just how powerful praise is and I suspect he absolutely hates it … which absolutely delights me! I can almost sense his fury when I choose to praise God instead of questioning Him. He hates it when I walk by faith, setting aside feelings and emotions while focusing on God's Word and His faithfulness in my life.

No matter where you are or what you are facing, God is with you. Choose to praise Him!

Let's Pray
Father, Thank You for Your power and presence in my life. Help me remember that You are with me and are more than enough for every need in my life. In Jesus' name, Amen. ~Mary Southerland

Daily Blessing: As you wrap up your day (or as you start your day), may God grace you with an eternal perspective. Where there's only been disappointment, may you trust God's divine appointment and timing. Where there's been discouragement, may He inspire new courage to stand strong. Where there's been whining and griping, may you find a new song to sing and new reasons for thanksgiving. May He break through the clouds so you'll see just how blessed you are. Rest in Him! ~Susie Larson

1 comment:

  1. It's all right. :) I'm impressed you've done over 200 straight!

    One question on your computer: have you tried opening it up and blowing out the dust with canned air?

    ReplyDelete