Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 40: A New Look At The Opposite Of Love...

My mom read this to me this morning, during her Bible study and I was touched by it. Hate was a word that was never allowed in my house when I was younger. I was never allowed to say, " I hate you" to my sister if I got in a little fight with her. My parents knew it was an ugly word and I learned it was an ugly thing to say to others. Now that I am older though, I have caught myself using it in a different way, the way this message below shares it. Wow... thank you again mom, for teaching me to stay away from this ugly word.

And you say, How I hated instruction and discipline, and my heart despised reproof! ~Proverbs 5:12

As believers, you and I should not hate instruction as we read about in Proverbs 5:12, but we should be teachable. If we ever get to the point where we think we know everything, then we can be assured that we know nothing! We need to stop hating and despising things-- even little things. People use the words hate and despise quite casually, making comments such as: "I hate going to the grocery store," or "I hate traffic." or "I despise my job." We are not supposed to hate anything but sin.

We all are tempted to hate certain things, just as we are prone to dread certain things. God has taught me that dread is a close relative of fear. We do not need to dread doing the dishes, getting up, going to work, exercising, or anything else. Satan uses those feelings of dread and our feelings of hatred to deceive us. We simply are not to have hearts that despise anyone or anything. If you have hatred in your heart, repent and then ask God to replace your despising attitude with His love and grace.

The words above were written by Joyce Meyer's. I hope you have a different opinion on, hate. May God's great love only fill your heart and hate stay far away. I choose to never say this word again and I hope you do too, unless of course it's directed towards sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment