Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54: Remember The Persecuted...

It's so easy to forget that Christians in different parts of our world are greatly being persecuted  for their beliefs. We Americans are so blessed to have freedom of religion. To not fear having a Bible in our own homes. To freely walk out of our door and go to a house of worship. To pray in public.

Sure we can sometimes get into arguments with others for our beliefs, might even get teased by peers, but I wouldn't call that persecution.

A Christian pastor from Iran named Youcef Nadarkhani, who is 34 years old, married with two young children, was arrested over two years ago on charges of apostasy. A trial court in Iran has issued its final verdict, ordering the Christian pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, to be put to death for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity.

I am ashamed to say that I had forgotten about this man, until I read new news about his verdict today via
http://www.christopherhopper.com/2012/02/iranian-pastor-sentenced-to-death/
blog post... please also read his post. It's has some more information, that I won't post here.

You might be saying what can little me do? I ask that you pray for this man and his family. Prayer is very powerful and one of the mightiest weapons we have. And I ask that you share his story with your friends and family. Post his story on your facebook, twitter, email, and if you have a blog/ website make a post about his story.  Feel free to copy my post. Let his name not be forgotten!

You can also help by sending a message to your US Representative here...
http://www.votervoice.net/core.aspx?aid=365&issueid=27605&siteid=0&app=GAC&ftfrecipientemail=ncarmichael05%40yahoo.com&isvisited=false

No comments:

Post a Comment