Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 93: To Give Or To Take...

Are you a heart taker or a heart giver?

I know this is kinda a strange question, and yes I’ve been watching and reading a little too many fairy tales.

Snow White seems to be very popular this year and it is what inspired me to ask this question...

Are you a heart taker or a heart giver?

The Heart Taker:
The evil queen in snow white is known for taking hearts and storing them in little boxes. It's sort of a scary thing. If you have something that she is envious over, she will take your heart to have it all for herself. I'm not calling any of you murders or anything like that, but what I mean by this is that do you or have you ever hurt someones heart. Perhaps you have had your heart hurt? Little or small it still hurts the heart and in a way takes it.

The Heart Giver:
Giving a part of your heart can be hard and also scary. It can make you vulnerable, yet it can bring great beauty. I think one of the greatest examples of a heart giver was God and Jesus. God loved us so much that he gave us His only son and Jesus loved us so much that he freely and willingly died for us. A mothers love is also a beautiful example of a heart giver... most mothers in any species are willing to die for their babies safety. Now I don't categorize a Heart Giver as someone that is willing to die for someone else, yet someone that is full of such great love for others and not themselves.

I think most of us don't truly give love to each other. Really think about it...

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with all of this... perhaps you might have the answer or maybe I'm just not making any sense? If so, see you on the next post...

1 comment:

  1. I like how when Jesus says "Greater love hath no man", the Greek word translated life is psuche, from which we get our word psyche. He was literally saying "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his psyche for his friends."

    I like to think of it as Jesus dying so that he could be a heart donor for us, and transplant his heart into us.

    But because Jesus is the Logos, that is, the Word, his heart is also Logos. That means he can give it away, and still have it: because information is something you can give away, and still have.

    That's how Jesus gets bigger by being eaten, while Satan shrinks by devouring (Proverbs 11:24).

    ReplyDelete