Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11: With All Your Might...

Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah). 
~Colossians 3:23-24
 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, ~Ecclesiastes 9:10



Today my mom and I  painted One-hundred and fifteen wooden pieces of house siding... crazy huh. I wouldn't necessarily call this extreme hard work, but  it for sure wasn't easy work. These boards were heavy and were carried all over the place, due to not having enough painting areas. Today was sunny, but really cold if you weren't directly under the sun. My hands are a little sore, my arms a bit tender, and my face surprisingly got sun burned. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight.
Hard work truly feels good. It's rewarding to see what you have built when the job is done and it's something special to know that you did it. Us humans are naturally lazy, and our mind fights to not do work, we are always trying to find a shortcut in all the jobs we do. I admit, I do it from time to time... who doesn't?
Does any of this sound familiar?
"My room is clean mom." but my closet is a mess (due to shoving everything into it) nobodies going to look in there, after all it's hidden with a door.
I don't need to rinse off the dishes, that's the dishwashers job... hmmm I wonder why the dishes didn't come out so clean?
So this is something I would like to challenge you and I with...Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might! What do I mean by this...everything you do, do it to the best of your ability. No slacking, no shortcuts(unless they are really good ones) and never not finishing. No matter the job, small or big, do your very best. I promise you'll feel pretty good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment