Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 18: Good Things Come...To Those Who Wait...



For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day. ~Habakkuk 2:3




 Patience is a virtue! Patience can be so hard at times. What a huge learning curve it can be. Lately our  four-month old puppy has been teaching me some patience. Every time I enter the kitchen (a place he is not allowed to enter) he expects a treat when I exit out of the kitchen. He is pretty smart at knowing that the kitchen is the place that holds his treats. In the beginning he would jump up at you, demanding it. I could of just have given it to him then and there, but what good would come out of that... Wyatt would get a treat whenever "he" wanted it. Instead we have taught him to sit and lay down in order to get a treat. Of course he didn't want to do it in the beginning, he just wanted his treat, nothing else, but he learned in order to get it, he must wait, sit, and lay down.


Lately I've been rewriting and editing my book, The Realm of Hearts. I heard many writers say that they hate this part or they love it. Currently I'm not enjoying it. I told my mom this morning, how I wish I could blink and it would all be done and written perfectly. Her reply back to me was a good one, "What fun would come out of that? What adventure would you gain in it all? Enjoy the ride, while you have it."


Patience is a virtue and one that in the end will always give you something... extraordinary. Wait and see...




Is there something that you have been waiting for? Like learning an instrument, stepping up into a new job, or not understanding what God is doing with your life? Pray, reach out, and wait. Patience is hard to learn, but not impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment