Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23: Prayer, Googling, and Dog Whispering...

 
I WILL lift up my eyes to the hills.  From whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand [the side not carrying a shield]. The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
~Psalm 121:1-2

In a few of my post I have talked about our puppy, Wyatt. I love him dearly, but have been having a lot of problems with him, one being fear. A couple of weeks ago he aggressively bit my hand when I went to take a roll of painters tape away from him. He gave me a good gash and shook me up. I've never had any fear over any of my pets, nor had I ever been really hurt by one. Wyatt would either listen to my commands or completely ignore me. He would always give me a little growl if I picked him up(I honesty thought I was hurting him, now I know I wasn't) and he would growl at me if I went to pet him on his bed. I was so tired of his actions and disposition with me. I told my family that I was through trying with him and wanted nothing to do with him. Will that was kinda hard when he is so cute... it only lasted a day before I caved into his cuteness.

I've been praying and asking God why he acts the way he acts? I had a deep ache of Wyatt ending in sorrow. He wasn't just bad acting towards me, but my whole family. In my mind I kept thinking it was just his breed, being so full of energy, he couldn't help it, and he has a very stubborn streak, making it a bad mix. My mom and I were pulling our hair out, because everything had to revolve around him. So many days wasted having to revolve around him. He would demand your attention and if you didn't give it to him enough he would go berserk like a child having a tantrum.

Will yesterday I decided to Google a few of his behaviors and came across a wonderful website of a lady who had the same exact problems. Oh God...THANK YOU! You answered my prayer through Google... huh.

Wyatt was trying to become the Alpha leader. He was fighting hard for it. Yelling and a slap in the behind was indeed making matters worst, because in his mind it set him off to want it more. He considered me to be below him, which made him think he could get away with growling and biting me that one day. He demanded attention because he wanted my mom to be below him too. This wonderful website gave a ladies story on her struggle with an alpha fighting dog. She was told by her vet to euthanize her puppy or return him to the breeders, because of his problems. Like anyone who loves their pets she was attached to the dog, so she searched on what to do and found the Dog Whisper, Cesar Millan. I remembered him from a few years ago on Animal Planet. He could get any mean dog to listen to him. He saved so many pets from being euthanized and made them into good family pets. One of  his tips was to stand tall, show no fear or anger, stare deep into the dogs eyes with a frown, and in a calm, strong voice command them. My mom gave it a try last night and it was pretty amazing to watch... I wish I would of taped it. Wyatt is night and day from what he was yesterday. We still have a long road to go down with him, but there is hope, as long as we stay with it.

Sometime we get attacked by things close to us. This is when it hurts the most. We feel as though God has given victory to Satan and shut His ears to our prayers. God will not let Satan win over you. He will not let the battle be lost. Don’t give up on a loved one, dear friend, or even a beloved pet. Prayer is one of our greatest and strongest weapons. Satan can not stand against it and God has a plan in everything, even when we are at a lost. God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment