Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: All Who Are Thirsty...

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.  ~Psalm 42:1
I spread forth my hands to You; my soul thirsts after You like a thirsty land [for water]. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! ~Psalm 143:6


Finally winter has shown it's face. Rain poured all day today, soaking the dry ground and drenching the thirsty trees.
Have you ever gone through a drought? Not the one that you might be thinking... a soul drought? Your soul feels like a desert, dry and empty. You try to fill it, but fail. All of us have or have had a soul drought. It's the deepest part of our heart crying for something more, something that was always meant to fill it.
I don't want to sound pushy, but Jesus Christ is the only one that will make you thirst no more. Your soul will never stop crying, until it has found this water. Are you tired of a thirsty soul? Are you aching for something more? Come to the one that will fill all your needs and give you something you could never dream of. All you have to do is ask Him.... It's the easiest and greatest thing, you will ever do.

 
Jesus answered her, All who drink of this water will be thirsty again. But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life. 
~John 4:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment