Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 35: Love Is Found Again... Review On, Bridge Called Hope by Kim Meeder...

Cross Over Troubled Waters    

Hope is like the stars—always there, yet shining brightest in the blackest of nights. It is like the dawn, always rising anew. Hope is for everyone, and that includes you. This collection of more than twenty true stories from a ranch of rescued dreams unveils the heart of true strength and the character of genuine courage. Experience for yourself the kind of love and hope that change a person from the inside out. Because sometimes, just believing in someone is enough for them to start believing in themselves. It’s the galvanizing truth that no matter how deep your pain…God’s love exceeds it still.

Sometimes, just believing in someone is enough for them to start believing in themselves…

Without raising his eyes to look at me, in a voice barely clearing the horizon of a whisper, he said, “I know you don’t love me… You just say that ’cuz you’re an adult and it’s kinda like your job. But I know you don’t really love me.”

Suffering and blessing balance on the same high wire, each giving stability and depth to the other. The one that we feel the most…is ultimately the one that we give the most.

It was her eyes that gave her away. The conflict of her mortal illness versus her will raged behind them. Her body shouted, “I’m sick and it’s getting harder and harder to do the things I love!” while her indomitable will shouted back, “Yeah, but I’m just a little kid, and little kids should get to ride horses!”

What a relief it is when we begin to understand that it is within our hardships that truth is elevated from our hearts to our heads.

“During the darkest days I’d ever known, I was introduced to the unconditional love of a little horse and a merciful God, and my life has never been the same,” says author Kim Meeder. And her book proves that hope is not only for us to keep…but to give.

Story Behind the Book
“I was moved to write Hope Rising and Bridge Called Hope because, when I needed it the most, someone shared hope with me and it saved my life. During the darkest days I’d ever known, I was introduced to the unconditional love of a little horse and a merciful God, and my life has never been the same. Everything in our life is about choices. We cannot control our circumstances, but we can control how we choose to feel about them. The pain that we feel in this life is certain. What is equally certain is how we choose to feel about the pain. It can destroy us—or it can define us. The choice is uniquely ours.” —Kim Meeder


My Review:
Bridge Called Hope, is Kim Meeder's second book of her beautiful and incredibly touching stories, of her rescue youth ranch in, Oregon. I enjoyed this book even more than the first one and I really cherished the first one. Kim Meeder, writes her stories with unique beauty. The way she tells her stories makes them never leave your heart. Animals are so forgiving, so loving, and most of all so healing. I highly recommend, Bridge Called Hope.



For more information on this beautiful ranch, please visit their website www.crystalpeaksyouthranch.org
To purchase, A Bridge Called Hope by Kim Meeder, please go to
http://www.christianbook.com/bridge-called-stories-triumph-rescued-dreams/kim-meeder/9781590526552/pd/526554?event=AFF&p=1028518

All Pictures are from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment