Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 51: He Won't Relent...


Set me like a seal upon your heart, like a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death, jealousy is as hard and cruel as Sheol (the place of the dead). Its flashes are flashes of fire, a most vehement flame [the very flame of the Lord]!Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man would offer all the goods of his house for love, he would be utterly scorned and despised. 
~Song of Solomon 8:6-7

One of my all time favorite songs is, You Won't Relent by Jesus Culture. The lyrics are so beautiful and touching that I could listen to it fifty times in a row.

I did not know, until today, that it was written from the book Song of Solomon. I have gone over that book a few times, yet never saw this connection until today. I love how you keep finding new things in the Bible, no matter how many times you read it.

This love can not be destroyed, no matter how hard anything tries to take it away. It can not be changed, though we constantly try to change it to our own way. It can not be hidden, not matter if there are a thousand storms around you. I have set Him like a seal upon my heart and His love will never depart from me. It is His promise. The promise of this love. Thank you Jesus for your love, my heart is yours.

Please read the lyrics below and turn up your volume to hear my music player on the right hand sidebar. It is the second song that plays and one that is well worth listening to.


You Won't Relent
 By
 Jesus Culture 

You won't relent until You, have it all  
My heart is Yours  
You won't relent until You, have it all  
My heart is Yours
 
I'll set You as a seal upon my heart  
As a seal upon my arm  
For there is love that is as strong as death  
Jealousy demanding as the grave 
And many waters cannot quench this love  

Come be the fire inside of me  
Come be the flame upon my heart  
Come be the fire inside of me 
Until You and I are One
 
I don't want to talk about You  
Like You're not in the room  
I want to look right at You 
I want to sing right to You

No comments:

Post a Comment