Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 50: Loving Isn't Always Easy...

 Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. 
~1 Corinthians 13:4-5

It seems like I was tested a lot on this today. From an e-mail I received this morning that just really bugged me, and a phone call from a friend to do something I really rather not be part of, nor do. The truth is Love isn't always easy, especially when it comes to do with patients, kindness and most of all wrongs done to you.

My first reaction to this email this morning was, “Are you kidding me, I'm trying my best, give me a break. Just because I can't work as hard as others right now, doesn't mean I want to quit. What would make you think that? This is the beginning stages of it, give me some time, after all I have until the middle of this summer.”

Then that little voice that we all have, whispered, Ryan, remember this is something that is important for this person. He's trying his best on putting together something that isn't easy to do. This person isn't out to get you and more than likely he sent this email out to everyone, after all it didn't have your name in it.

I turned this into something it really shouldn't have been turned into. Sometimes we are so quick at turning what we think are things against us, when they could not be. Don't be quick at thinking harm, for it could turn something that is no big deal, into something ugly.

When a friend of mine called today and asked for help on putting together something, I of course said yes, but ended up regretting it when I found out what it was. Instead of dreading it like I am, I should see that helping others is usually rewarding.

I hope this post had a lesson in it for you, not just me ranting. If so, I am sorry about that and will try not to whine tomorrow. :-) Love endures long and is patient and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment