Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 58: Keep Guard Of Your Heart...

Today will be my last post for February. Tomorrow I will post on a few of my favorite blogs/websites, something I will do on the second to last day of every month. On the very last day I will post my five favorite blog post of the month... what were your favorites?

Today I would like to share with you something my mom read to me a few weeks back. She read it to me because it reminded her of one of my book characters from my book, The Realm of Hearts. One of my characters doesn't keep guard on their heart against a very dangerous lie. Of course he doesn't realize at the time it's a lie, due to the deceitful words that are promised to him... isn't that the way it often happens when we listen to Satan? We think we are getting something great, when all we are getting is something horrible.

Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. ~Proverbs 4:23

Proverbs 4:23 exhorts us to guard our hearts " with all vigilance." Practically, that means we need to examine our attitudes and our thoughts on a regular basis and make adjustments as needed.

Many people are deceived into believing they cannot help what they think, but we can choose our thoughts. We need to think about what we have been thinking about. When we do that, it doesn't take very long to discover the root cause of a bad attitude.

Satan will always try to fill our minds with wrong thinking, but we do not have to receive everything he tries to give us. I would not take a spoonful of poison just because someone offered it to me, and neither would you. If we are smart enough not to swallow poison, we should also be smart enough not to allow Satan to poison our minds, attitudes, and, ultimately, our lives.

Guard your heart aggressively. Let your thoughts be good thoughts. Think about things that are honorable and true, and watch your heart attitude change. ~Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment