Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 53: To What Lies Ahead...

 
I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
 ~Philippians 3:13-14

Today I lost a beloved childhood memory keeper. In a way it's bittersweet, yet in another it's something grand. I am no longer a child, haven't been for the last several years, yet the memories of being one are very fresh in my mind.

This memory keeper was bound to go someday, there was no way for me to keep it. Physically that was, because all those dear memories are stored in my brain. Some of them I had forgotten until today. My mom and I were laughing over some of the crazy memories we had. Here is what she cleverly posted on Facebook...
"Good-bye Jeep! Thanks for the memories. We've shared so many. You've held my children safely inside you when they were still in their baby seats. You've taken our family of four, plus two dogs (one being over 150 lbs.) on trips to grandmas house and even down to the Grand Canyon once. We've camped out with you and stuffed you to the brim with Costco trips and groceries. We had a lot of fun with you in the snow! Who knew with you being a Jeep and all, that you liked to do 360's down Hwy 4, oh AND play dead in the ditch! Yes you were quite the little rascal at times... We treated you pretty harshly, forgetting to change your oil, and never once giving you premium gas. Alas your poor little engine with it's 250,000 plus miles just gave out, and now we must part. NO, NO don't worry we're not parting YOU out, we're trading you in for something that will save us from the evil powers that be, that are raising our gas prices to unimaginable rates. Hopefully our newer car will be as great as you've been to us all these years....We will miss you....Good-bye."
Ha,ha,  I know, maybe a little crazy and far fetched for the lesson I'm trying to share with you. So here it is all wrapped up in a nice sized paragraph... and for those of you that might not get my humor.
 
The past is gone, the present is here, and the future is calling. Look forward to it... Hold those dear memories close, but don't be afraid to step out and make new ones. Who knows, they might even end up being better ones. After all God has a grand plan for all of us and I don't think I've reached mine, yet. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Taylor, you are such a blessing :-) Love your heart... thank you!

    ReplyDelete