Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 37: Saying I Love You... More...

Today my mom and I had to take our puppy Wyatt, to an emergency vet visit. Poor Wyatt's eyes and face quickly swelled up at the start of today and gave us quite a scare. The vet was not able to get us in and see us until mid-afternoon. We could tell that little Wyatt was in great pain, but there was nothing we could do, but give him some comfort, with gentle words and soft petting.

If you have been following my blog, you would have read about him in my,  Prayer, Googling, and Dog Whispering...

You see, my family and I have been struggling with Wyatt for the last four months that we have had him. It's been what I thought and felt a "love and hate" relationship with him. He's full blown Australian Shepherd  ... Google that, and you'll see what we are dealing with. Too much energy, scary smarts, with a mix of... crazy.
During this scary incident today I realized how much, I loved him. How much I truly cared for him. How much sorrow filled my heart, at the thought of something really bad happening to him.

I hear too many people say how they rarely hear or say the words "I Love You" to the ones they care about. Don't let an opportunity of saying, I Love You, ever pass you by. There is no such thing of never saying it too much, but there is such a thing of saying it too little.

As for Wyatt, he is okay... just a bad allergic reaction to something he got into outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment