Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24: Something New...



  
He has filled them with wisdom of heart and ability to do all manner of craftsmanship, of the engraver, of the skillful workman, of the embroiderer in blue, purple, and scarlet [stuff] and in fine linen, and of the weaver, even of those who do or design any skilled work. ~Exodus 35:35



I love being creative. One of my favorite quiet times is drawing. Something special fills my heart during these times... something I can't explain. I always feel more connected to God when I draw.

Today I tried sewing. I've done a little sewing when I was younger, but never really got into it. Sewing takes a lot of patience, yet everything new does. No one is great at the beginning of doing something new. It takes time to learn a skill and art. I heard someone say it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert on something. 10,000 hours... that's a lot of time to put into something! There is only 24 hours in a day and a portion of that we sleep.

Don't let this scare you into trying something new. Many of us say, how we wish we would of done blah blah blah. Stop wishing it and do it. If it's something healthy and good and has been tugging at you to give it a try, go for it. It might be hard at first, after all you have to put 10,000 hours into it to become an expert on it... haha. Maybe God is laying something creative on your heart for a reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment