Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day Ten: Wake Up...

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."
~Ephesians 5:8-14





We all know and hear about the crazy vampire, zombie, and paranormal craze. These crazes have become very popular, to a variety of age ranges and seemed to have gotten more popular throughout the last few years. This is something that personally saddens me and I must admit, angers me. Yes, vampires, zombies, and ghost don't exist, but the dark one does and he is using all of this for his pleasure. All these things have death in them, nothing holy or good.
Zombies, are rotting, walking, dead, that survive by killing and turning others into rotting, walking dead.
Vampires, are children of the night, not the Light like we are. They flee from light and are given eternal life and youth by drinking blood and doing other disgusting horrible things. Jesus Christ, the holy and pure lamb, shed his pure blood for our sins, so that we can have eternal life.
Ghost are spirits that are trapped between time. They aren't able to reach Heaven or Hell, so they wonder around in our world, waiting to be released, or something like that. Now I don't really see, nor believe ghost exist, but I do know demons do and I believe they have a hay day with all of this. Ghost Hunting, something that can seem so silly, is a dangerous thing to play with.
Does any of this really seem good to any of you?
Currently I am reading a book called Howl Sage by Brock Eastman. It's a book more for a younger reader, but I am enjoying it and love what Mr. Eastman is trying to do. I always read the authors notes in books. At the end of his, he writes the reason for his book. This is what he has to say and  he wrote it beautifully... " I  feel that too often we make light of things that, if real, would truly be nothing short of demonic... say werewolves, vampires, and zombies. These are not heroes, and because of the elements that make up these fictional species, they can never be."
What truth is his words...
I must say I am proud and happy to see a few Christian Fantasy authors standing against it, instead of folding to it. Folding into something that everyone seems to love, is an easy thing to do, standing against something can be very hard. I give Mr. Eastman a huge wave of gratitude and will give a deeper review of his book once I finish it all.

 So for any of my fellow readers that love vampires, zombies, and all things to do with ghost, did I perhaps change your mind on it? Has God been pressing on your heart over any of this or have you been pushing it away and have become numb over His whisper of, "This isn't good, my child." 

I give you a warning, these are dangerous things to put in your mind and heart. A slippery path down to darkness's foothold and one that will bring you no good. 
We need to be more aware, guard our hearts, and stand firm in the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment