I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you. ~Psalm 139:1-18
This is one of my favorite Psalms... what touching words David penned. With a new election for a new leader coming at the end of this year, I believe with all my heart that it is critical to vote for someone that follows and believes those words up above.We are falling every day for a lie. A lie that is covered in murder and innocent blood. Everyday thousands of innocent lives are murdered in our own country. Many are blind to it and many disagree that they are indeed lives. Yes, I am talking about abortion.
The movie below is life changing. This movie had me in shock, angry over how blind so many of us are, and in tears. Please take the time to watch and if you feel lead, share. I promise you won't regret it. If you do believe in the sanctity of life, this movie is still a good one for you to watch. He gives a wonderful way on how to talk to others on changing their way of looking at abortion. (Remember to pause my purple music player on the right sidebar. The pause button is the bottom middle button.)
If you don't have time to watch the movie right now, here are 15 reasons to NOT have an abortion. This was written by John Piper
1. Existing fetal homicide laws make a man guilty of manslaughter if he kills the baby in a mother's womb (except in the case of abortion).
2. Fetal surgery is performed on babies in the womb to save them while another child the same age is being legally destroyed.
3. Babies can sometimes survive on their own at 23 or 24 weeks, but abortion is still legal beyond this limit.
4. Living on its own is not the criterion of human personhood, as we know from the use of respirators and dialysis.
5. Size is irrelevant to human personhood, as we know from the difference between a one-week-old and a six-year-old.
6. Developed reasoning powers are not the criterion of personhood, as we know from the capacities of three-month-old babies.
7. Infants in the womb are human beings scientifically by virtue of their genetic make up.
8. Ultrasounds have given a stunning window on the womb that shows the unborn at eight weeks sucking his thumb, recoiling from pricking, and responding to sound. All the organs are present, the brain is functioning, the heart is pumping, the liver is making blood cells, the kidneys are cleaning fluids, and there is a fingerprint. Virtually all abortions happen later than this date.
9. Justice dictates that when two legitimate rights conflict, the limitation of rights that does the least harm is the most just. Bearing a child for adoption does less harm than killing him.
10. Justice dictates that when either of two people must be inconvenienced or hurt to alleviate their united predicament, the one who bore the greater responsibility for the predicament should bear more of the inconvenience or hurt to alleviate it.
11. Justice dictates that a person may not coerce harm on another person by threatening voluntary harm on themselves.
12. The outcast, the disadvantaged, and the exploited are to be cared for in a special way, especially those with no voice of their own.
13. What is happening in the womb is the unique person-nurturing work of God, who alone has the right to give and take life.
14. There are countless clinics that offer life and hope to both mother and child (and father and parents), with care of every kind lovingly provided by people who will meet every need they can.
15. Jesus Christ can forgive all sins and will give all who trust in him the help they need to do everything that life requires.
What do you stand for now? Do you choose to stand for life or do you choose to continue to follow this ugly lie. Please think on this...