Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26: Still Small Voice...


And He said, Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord. And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a sound of gentle stillness and] a still, small voice. ~1 Kings 19:11-13


I try to talk to God throughout the day, some days I'm better at it than others. Something that I sometimes lack at is good prayer. I say a prayer before bed, but sadly often find myself asleep before I say Amen. I feel horrible when I do this... imagine doing that to one of your dear friends. God talks to us everyday, but a lot of times we ignore Him or push Him to the side. The beautiful verses above tells how God doesn't speak in a loud "here I am" voice, yet a gentle, still, small voice. God longs for us to talk to Him and what a privilege it is to speak to the King of Kings.
Have some quiet time with the King of Kings. Talk to Him about anything and listen to His still, small voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment