Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day81: Standing Firm In Faith... Colton Dixon...

Be alert and on your guard; stand firm in your faith (your conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, keeping the trust and holy fervor born of faith and a part of it). Act like men and be courageous; grow in strength! ~1 Corinthians 16:13

I haven't watched American Idol in years, but this guy makes me want to watch it and support him. Love it... keep shining Colton Dixon! 

 (Remember to pause my purple music box on the right sidebar. The bottom middle button will pause it)


Colton Dixon: ‘American Idol’ producers asked me to tone down devotion to Jesus Christ on show 

Tenn. rocker has plans to make Evangelical music after show ends 

By Ethan Sacks / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS 

Friday, March 16, 2012, 10:01 AM



“American Idol” producers have apparently warned Colton Dixon if he doesn’t tone down his overtly Christian act, he won’t have a prayer of winning the reality competition.
The 20-year-old devout Christian, though, told Today.com that he answers to a higher authority than voting viewers.
“When we first started the Twitter and Facebook stuff, they said beware of political and religious tweets,” Dixon told the site. “Just because it can turn off voters or whatever. But, you know, being a Christian is who I am. It is a part of me musically. It is what I want to do after the show — go into Christian music.”


Evangelical Christians have had more to cheer about in professional sports with the emergence of Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow and Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin, who openly proclaim their faith.
On television and movies, there is a tendency for a less obvious display to avoid alienating many mainstream viewers who are just looking to be entertained without sitting through a sermon.
Dixon told Today.com that he prays before every performance.
“I wake up and I do devotional every morning,” he said. “It reminds me why I am here, which is to share the love of God.”
He also wears his faith on his sleeve - literally.
While performing White Lion’s “Broken Heart” during Wednesday’s show, Dixon sported a bracelet that contains a line from Jeremiah 29:11, according to Christian Post. It reads: “For I know the plans I have for you ... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Someone is looking out for the Mufreesboro, Tenn., native — after striking out on “American Idol” last season, he’s now one of the final 11 contestants.
Just as producers figured, however, some watchers are turned off by that intense display of religious fervor.
One Twitter skeptic Tweeted that “he can’t Tebow his way to a win.”
“I don't follow tebow, I follow a guy named Jesus. I’m just trusting His plans. Whatever that may be,” Dixon responded.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like an awesome guy. I'll so listen to his music when comes out with his first album.

    ReplyDelete