Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 159: The Land of the Living...


Today went by too fast and I wasn't able to completely finish the fun news I wanted to share with you all... I really hope to tomorrow.  For now enjoy this thought provoking post below, courtesy of Joyce Meyer.

In Psalm 27:13, David asked, basically, "What in the world would have happened to me? What kind of condition would I be in? What pit would I be in, had I not believed I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living?"

We spend a lot of time talking about what heaven will be like. That is great, but we are hear on earth right now. We need to know something good is going to happen to us now. David said that he believed he would see God's goodness while he was alive, not just after he went to heaven.

I am looking forward to heaven, but I do not believe that God put us on earth to try to muddle through life until we get to heaven so we can finally have some joy. In John 10:10, Jesus says, "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)." God wants us to have abundant life right now, and one of the worst things we can do is fail to live lives that we enjoy. I want to have so much fun that the devil get frustrated at my joy.

Let me encourage you to be David and to believe that you will see and experience God's goodness not just in the "sweet by-and-by," but here on earth, every day, in the ordinary activities of your life. No matter what you are going through, put your hope in God's goodness and expect Him to move in your situation.Be brave and of good courage; let your heart be stout and enduring. Wait for and hope for and expect the Lord where you live today... in the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment