Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 164: A Change For Life...

I read this earlier today and was greatly touched by it. I have shared the 180 movie a few times on my blog. In my opinion it is one of the greatest pro-life videos I have ever seen. You can't help but cry and be greatly moved by it, even if you already believe the great truth it shares... the sanctity of life.

This movie is truly made for those that are pro-choice... to show a unique, yet compiling twist to the Pro-life point of view. Comparing Hitler and the holocaust with abortion, might sound pretty crazy and odd to some people, yet they seem to fit pretty similar to each other.

If you haven't seen the 180 movie please follow the link to my post on it here.  If you don't have time to watch the movie right now, there are also 15 reasons to NOT have an abortion, below that video in that post. You are not alone and there are many other options and loving people everywhere to help you. 


Living Waters is posting this email with permission from the sender. What you are about to read is remarkable!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------

Linda Wrote:
You won't like me very much after reading this, but that's ok. You wanted my feedback, so here it is. I've had 2 abortions, and I am going for another one next week. If you really thought this would make me do a 180, you are sadly mistaken. Comparing what Hitler did, to abortion is absurd. It's like trying to compare fire and water, you can't. This movie made me very angry. Wow, Ray, wow where did you get this idea? Pull it out of some hat with ideas people gave you? It's a horribly cruel trick, to try and change people's minds. I am smarter than that. Using the god factor means nothing. There is no god. There is no heaven or hell, and even if there was I do not care. It's very judgmental to say there is never a reason to abort a pregnancy. This has got to be one of the worst films I have come across. Keep your god, and your religion. Quit trying to make people do a 180. It IS a woman's choice. ~Linda


Ray's Response:
Linda, Thanks for writing and sharing your thoughts. I do appreciate that.

Someone came to visit us yesterday who watched the movie last October (that’s one of our production crew in the picture—holding the fruit of “180”).

If you live in Southern California, please come and visit. We would take you to lunch, if you wish. Thanks again.
Best wishes, Ray
 


Linda Wrote:
I am not sure how much this will mean after the email I sent this past week, but I wanted to apologize for the insensitive and and rude email, directed towards you. Please forgive me. I get very angry easily. This movie made me extremely angry. I had no idea it was a Christian film. I am going to be completely honest here, I've been atheist for most of my life, and as far as I'm concerned I will die atheist. I was not expecting an email back. I am 27 years old.

Someone on the street was passing out the 180 Movie last Monday. They asked me if I wanted one. I said, what is it about? They said, about the holocaust. I said, interesting. (I've always loved history) I brought it home, and watched it on Wednesday. I was really liking the film until you started talking about abortion; Like I said I've had two previous. When you got to the part about God, I became even more angry. I hate any thing that has to do with God, about God, by god...and this is another reason I was so hateful in my email.

I did not tell you the truth, in my last email. I was supposed to have the abortion this past Friday. Not this week. When I opened your email, with the attached picture of the beautiful baby...I could not get her out of my head. I tried pushing her out of my mind, but couldn't. I said to myself, why do I feel so guilty? Friday, I was driving with my boyfriend to the clinic, and the little smiling face of her, was permanently cemented in my head. I said to my boyfriend, I can't do this. I've got to go home. We turned around, before we reached the clinic. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I started crying. My boyfriend thought I was nuts!

I cried in bed the rest of that night. The memories of my past two abortions I had, came flooding back. I would have two girls right now, who would be both 9 & 6. I knew they were going to be girls. When you said, "It's ok to kill a baby in the womb when...?" I couldn't answer it. Everything I emailed you, was an attempt to make myself feel better. I really had no good reason for aborting the girls. I've put off the abortion for now, and I will tell you, I have never been confronted like that. I don't think that I can go through with a 3rd abortion.

I will admit this movie makes you think, in my case, it made me think too much...and I did not like it. I hated it.

I hope you understand where I am coming from. I hope you'll excuse my hot-headed email.

I am sorry. Linda.

---------------------------

We are rejoicing for this miracle and are praying for our new friend Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment